At Serity, we’re now stocking the Surface Hub 2S and Surface Hub 2 Smart Camera.
As hybrid work continues around the world, it is essential that businesses and organisations are able to connect their employees with each other no matter where they are located. This involves everyone in the office, as well as everyone working remotely. Creating this environment for communication is vital for effective teamwork. One of the most effective tools on the market for cross platform collaboration is the Surface Hub 2S.
What is the Surface Hub 2S?
The Surface Hub 2S is a digital communication and video conferencing system that provides a wide range of capabilities. These features make it the perfect tool for hybrid office work. From the teams and whiteboard features allowing easy collaboration, to the first-rate inking with the Surface Hub 2 Pen making digital drawing and writing effortless, the Surface Hub 2S is the perfect video conferencing solution. These systems feature a large digital screen that is used to display information, along with remote meeting participants. The Surface Hub 2S is the all-in-one solution, providing a clear image of all meeting attendees, whilst capturing high-quality video and audio of everyone working in the office.
Surface Hub 2 Smart Camera
Create an even more immersive meeting experience for those in and out of the office, with the new Surface Hub 2 Smart Camera. This camera is the first AI-powered camera created by Microsoft. With automatic framing technology, the smart camera is able to follow individuals as they move, and fit them to the frame perfectly for optimal viewing. The Surface Hub 2 camera is capable of adjusting the lighting, the viewing angles, and capturing the perfect focus on relevant participants. The camera’s portable design and high-quality video capabilities also allows employees to be seen and heard no matter where they are in the room. The camera was designed to capture everything important, whilst feeling smooth and natural to the remote employees. No matter where anyone is situated in the room, the multi-focus lens can capture everyone in perfect focus.
The smart camera utilises:
- A 12-megapixel sensor, with a 136-degree field of view lens that is capable of focusing on close objects (.4m away) and far objects (8m away) simultaneously. This can be achieved across a wide variety of conference room sizes and lay outs.
- 1 Teraflop of compute power, which is equivalent to a trillion floating point calculations per second.
- A new algorithm, developed to automatically compensate for tilt, distortions and wide-angle corrections. This allows objects to always appear as they would in real life.
- AI that can detect people across a variety of postures, lighting conditions and rooms, ensuring every participant is equally visible to everyone.
The camera is encased in an aluminium body. It’s connected with a USB-C cable and attached magnetically to the rear of the Surface Hub 2S. If you want to learn more about managing and installing the Surface Hub 2 Smart Camera, visit Microsoft’s documentation page.
With the dramatic increase in hybrid meetings over the recent years, solutions like Surface Hub have played a unique and vital role in maintain effective communication. Employees were seeking the ability to collaborate with their peers across a wide range of environments. Utilising quality video conferencing systems was an extremely important and beneficial decision for many businesses around the world. To maximise the benefits of the Surface Hub, Microsoft has introduced hybrid optimised experiences for Teams, Microsoft 365, Windows and Whiteboard. This allows for seamless collaboration across many devices.
Some of the updates include:
- Microsoft have made it easier for all participants to collaborate in a Whiteboard session that features a Surface Hub user. Previously there were some small errors that would disrupt the whiteboard session. This now allows users on multiple different platforms to work effectively with each other.
- Enhancements to the companion device experience will ensure that joining a hybrid meeting room from within a conference room is now easier and less distracting.
- Whiteboard now offers a new set of features that bring visual collaboration to life in Teams. These features include collaboration cursors, 50+ new templates, contextual reactions and the ability to open existing boards and collaborate with external colleagues in Teams Meetings.
- In PowerPoint, you no longer need to appear in person to deliver your message clearly and effectively. With recording studio and cameo now available within PowerPoint, you can create your own presentation effortlessly. Decide how and where your webcam video appears on your slides with cameo. Record the presentation and have it delivered with, or without your video, via PowerPoint Live in Teams.
Purchase a Surface Hub 2S today
With many new practical features, the Surface Hub S2 is the perfect choice for those looking to create a seamless hybrid meeting experience. If you’re looking at purchasing a Surface Hub 2S, or another new audio-visual installation in Melbourne for your business, you can contact Serity by clicking here. We are highly regarded for providing high-quality av equipment in Melbourne and the surrounding suburbs. Get your business space set up with engaging video conferencing systems and start boosting productivity and collaboration today.